The Gift School is a private, independent and non-religious preschool and primary school. The Gift School welcomes children from the age of 2 years old. The Gift School pedagogy includes the use of multiple teaching methods, including Montessori, but it remains open to other methods as well.
The Gift School is a school which respects the development needs of each child individually, thereby encouraging independent thinking and building self-confidence. A special focus is also made on teamwork in which children learn the benefits of working together.
The Gift School’s teaching methods are based on the values of non-violence and respect. Joining the Gift School’s community of families and staff is joining a team of people dedicated to the principals of mindfulness, listening and sharing.
The Gift School’s methods rely on six fundamental principles:
- Organic learning : teachers adapt to the rhythm and needs of each child
- Learn to know yourself and to make choices in accordance with who you are and what your strengths are
- Learn cooperation and non-violent communication, as children interact with all ages.
- Demonstrate empathy, tolerance and respect.
- Choose cooperation over competition.
- Choose dialogue and understanding, over punishment.
The Gift School is firmly against any act that would be detrimental to the notion of respect, whether for one’s self or for their environment. The Gift School staff is dedicated to supporting children and leading them down a path of self-fulfillment and self-confidence, while at the same time valuing their uniqueness.